He was initially a pupil of Matteo Brida in Verona, but went to Venice and became a pupil of Giovanni Battista Tiepolo. In 1750, he returns to Verona, where he obtained many commissions, although he had to compete with his contemporary Giambettino Cignaroli. Many of his works were in fresco. He even set up an academy that competed with Cignaroli. He painted a Holy Family for the church of San Lorenzo in Brescia and he was active across the region.