Black chalk, signed Bezzuoli, 235 x 305 mm.
Bezzuoli was a student at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Florence under the direction of Pietro Benvenuti. In 1812, after winning a painting contest he went to Rome to study the antiques. On his return to Florence, Bezzuoli decorated Palazzo Pitti, Palazzo Pucci, Palazzo Gerini, the church of San Remigio in 1827. In 1837 he became a teacher at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Florence where he taught Giuseppe Fattori. In his later years he worked on the Casa de Rossi and the Duomo in Pistoia.