Etching and aquatint, after the painting (1884-1886) by Giovanni Segantini now at the Segantini Museum, St. Moritz.
Apparently a quite rare print and this is an artist’s proof, finely impressed with bluish ink on thick wove, numbered in black chalk bottom left III, inscribed and signed bottom right Da G Segantini / Mario Segantini / corretto dall’artista.
To the platemark 265 x 420 mm, the entire sheet measuring 413 x 530.
Son of Giovanni Segantini, Mario was, like his elder brother Gottardo, an artist who followed in his father's footsteps. A skilled printmaker, he etched several subjects after his father's paintings.