Bruno Innocenti was a pupil of Libero Andreotti, and afterwards his assistant. When Andreotti died, Innocenti took his place as sculpture teacher at the Istituto d'Arte of Florence, where he went on teaching up to 1975. Between 1925 and 1949, he held a great number of one-man shows in several Italian cities. A room was reserved to him at the Biennale di Venezia of 1938. In 1946, Innocenti lived in the United States for about a year. In New York, that year, he held a one-man show at the Architectural League. A few years later, he took part in a collective exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum. From the fifties on, he stopped exhibiting, and devoted himself entirely to artistic production and teaching. He also produced several monumental works in Milan, Pisa, Florence and at Maratea. In 1985, the Accademia delle Arti del Disegno of Florence, of which he was a life-member, organized an exhibition of his drawings and sculpture. After his death, an exhibition of drawings by him was held, in 1991, in the Gabinetto Disegni e Stampe of the Uffizi Gallery.